The Rosewood Fall - Discussion

Ashwhisker

The Rosewood Fall is a band formed by former Snax members and signed to Machine Shop by Phoenix. To quote TRF's MySpace:

In early 2003, Jim was at breakfast with former band-mate and old friend, Phoenix from Linkin Park, and told him about the new band that he had just recorded with. After breakfast Jim, Phoenix, and two other friends piled in a car and listened to the new demos, after which Phoenix asked if he could hold onto the copy. A few weeks later a meeting was set up between Phoenix and The Rosewood Fall where the band was offered a deal with Machine Shop Records.

Now defunct, this band's tracks are in high demand. An almost complete discography is available courtesy of LPAssociation. However, when LPA hosted the entire TRF discography, due to an error on someone's part, not all tracks were actually released. Now, for the first time, you have the opportunity to listen to three tracks missing from the LPA-released discography, "I Flood", "25 Years" and "God Bless". They are available for download in good quality mp3 format. For your convenience, all tracks have track info filled in in the file properties, ready for iTunes importing. A lot of effort went into obtaining these tracks, so a simple "thank you" would be appreciated.

"I Flood" - Stereo - 48 kHz - LYRICS

"God Bless" - Stereo - 64kHz - LYRICS

"25 Years" - m4a - LYRICS

"Coming Home Soon" - m4a (Stereo Left track 13)

"Below Your Window - m4a (Stereo Right track 1)

"Come on and Rise" - m4a (Stereo Right track 2)

"Below Your Window (alt version) - m4a (Stereo Right track 12)

Thanks to Mark for providing us with "Coming Home Soon",

"Below Your Window", "Come on and Rise", and "Below Your Window (alt version)".

You might also like the Demonstrate EP cover (great quality) and the Stereo Left/Right Cover (poor quality)

Click here to download PDF, or view online version.

This PDF contains never-before-seen track listings for The Rosewood Fall's album Stereo Left/Right, as well as the meanings of the songs that the band wrote and included in the first 100 copies sold. Thanks to Jim Roach for his help in obtaining this information.

*If Jim Roach or any other copyright holder would like these tracks to be removed, email me at blizz_ww@yahoo.com, I will be happy to cooperate.*

Edited by Ash

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, The Rosewood Fall is a band formed by former members of Snax and signed to Machine Shop by Phoenix. You can talk about them here.

All their tracks are available for download courtesy of a band member, Jim Roach, here. I emailed Jim Roach for more information, and he gave me track info, and the band's write-ups that were included in the first 100 albums sold.

Because of its length, I posted it on an ancient webpage I don't use anymore.

Enjoy!

I'm not trying to start anything or come off rude; because I know you emailed Jim and he sent that to you, but couldn't you have just linked to the news post we made last night that had the same exact information? I mean you went out of your way to find the download link on our site, you could've at least linked to the front page of the site too that had the news post.

Granted...Jim JUST emailed me this stuff last night, but I went to the trouble of posting a news post about it. You've linked to our downloads, but didn't link to the actual news post which annoys me.

However; due to me wanting to respect LPL's spam policy, and the guys here..I won't be posting the link to the thread. If people want to find it they can.

Edited by LPADerek

What news post? I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about. :blink:

edit: i saw it

And anyway, I was the one who asked for the info. I believe I was first to have this information.

exact email from Jim:

Hey Ash,Thanks for your email, and thanks for being a TRF fan. Glad to hear people are still enjoying those songs! I attached alot of information you wanted below. There are the track-listings as well as the band write-ups about the songs that we included in the orders for the first 100 people to order the record back in 2005. It just gives a little insight into how each song came together, etc. I don't have the covers for Stereo Left and Right. I don't know where those would even be at this point. Thanks for writing and enjoy the stuff...all the best,Jim

Edited by Ash

And anyway, I was the one who asked for the info.

And so was I.

But apart from a link to our downloads, you didn't even mention LPA at all which I felt was a little low. Just linked to our downloads without really mentioning our part in it. That was kinda a bit rude.

But then again, it's not worth the hassle so this will be the last I reply about it. It's not worth causing a fight. I respect LPL, love them as a site and don't want this thread to go downhill. So I'm going to just shake my head at this and walk away. I just wish people would have more respect for hard work.

And you werent the first, I can also show the facebook message and email I got.

Jim sent it to us both, yes...and that's unfortunate. But again, I'm not arguing anymore.

Edited by LPADerek

I find it difficult to believe that we requested the information the same exact night. And maybe I didn't have it first, but I had no knowledge whatsoever of LPA's "part" in this, I thought I was the only one who had this stuff. How was I supposed to credit LPA for something that at that point, I didn't know had anything to do with LPA?

edit: here is the email Jim sent me, with no mention of LPA:

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/A...w/untitled1.jpg

I sent him the request at 8:42 PM, 12/30/09, and recieved the information at 8:59 PM on 12/30/09.

Edited by Ash

In an effort to keep things civil here, irregardless of who obtained this first, the exclusive is posted on LPA and they need to be given credit for obtaining it.

Thank you to both Ash and Derek for sharing this with us.

End of discussion, and I am locking this thread.

From reading this thread, it is apparent to me that Ash did this independently, so I see no need to link or give credit to anyone else. I find it hard to believe two people requested information on a defunct band on the exact same night, so I do find that kind of weird.

However, this thread has nothing to do with another website, this is solely information Ash by himself collected from Jim from Rosewood Fall, so I have reopened the discussion.

Now, mod matters aside:

I never would have seen or heard about this without you posting here Ash, so thanks for the heads up. I'm about to go get my iPod and put the albums on so I can listen and read the descriptions at the same time. Good stuff. Thanks again and nice work!

From reading this thread, it is apparent to me that Ash did this independently, so I see no need to link or give credit to anyone else. I find it hard to believe two people requested information on a defunct band on the exact same night, so I do find that kind of weird.

However, this thread has nothing to do with another website, this is solely information Ash by himself collected from Jim from Rosewood Fall, so I have reopened the discussion.

Now, mod matters aside:

I never would have seen or heard about this without you posting here Ash, so thanks for the heads up. I'm about to go get my iPod and put the albums on so I can listen and read the descriptions at the same time. Good stuff. Thanks again and nice work!

Thank you.

And, glad someone appreciates it. Enjoy! :lol:

Edited by Ash

Only one song in and the info on God Bless is really cool. I wish more bands gave info on every single song like this, I might relate more to the music that way. I usually just pay attention to the instrumental/vocals but not really the lyrics, you know, when I listen to music. I'll look at lyrics sometimes, yeah but if I know what a song was written about or written for and why, I think it's easier to connect to it and relate it to something with you. Very cool.

I'm in contact with the singer, sxbenjamin, and should hopefully have the following tracks in the next couple days:

"Coming Home Soon"

"Below Your Window"

"Come on and Rise"

"Below Your Window (alt version)

Which would complete all the songs missing from LPA's discography.

edit: Could someone at least tell me why this was moved after a day and a half of being in one place?

Edited by Ash

Wow, and I was just thinking last night how cool it would be to have all of TRF songs.... Never got them all, but now thanks to you, I know about them.

And I never would have saw the post on LPA either if this wasn't here so thanks. I am definitely so very grateful for this... Although honestly, I've talked to Jim a few times since the band ended, and he probably would have given this info and stuff to anyone, he probably just had to find it, lol.

I love how mods think simply saying "End of Discussion" and closing threads is the only way to settle disputes... More like the lazy way... Especially considering the facts, lol :rolleyes: (In general over the whole internet, not just here)

Very awesome dude! Keep it up, it's awesome to finally hear these. Thank you.

Wow, and I was just thinking last night how cool it would be to have all of TRF songs.... Never got them all, but now thanks to you, I know about them.

And I never would have saw the post on LPA either if this wasn't here so thanks. I am definitely so very grateful for this... Although honestly, I've talked to Jim a few times since the band ended, and he probably would have given this info and stuff to anyone, he probably just had to find it, lol.

I love how mods think simply saying "End of Discussion" and closing threads is the only way to settle disputes... More like the lazy way... Especially considering the facts, lol :rolleyes: (In general over the whole internet, not just here)

Glad to help. :lol:

And you are too right about the mods. xD

I already had the two you posted but I am missing a few of the ones you said were coming soon, so I'm looking forward to them

You mean three?

xD

There's no guarantee, but if Ben from TRF follows up and sends me the tracks we'll have them. Cross your fingers.

Edited by Ash

If we're lucky, these should be coming soon:

"Coming Home Soon"

"Below Your Window"

"Come on and Rise"

"Below Your Window (alt version)

Yep. Had all 3 of those but I just checked my iPod and I have: Coming Home Soon, Below Your Window, and Come On And Rise. I have a version of Below Your Window that's the regular version and one with (New) next to it, so I guess one is the alt version.

All my mp3s are on my computer @ college which I'll be back at like on Wednesday so I can upload them then. I believe I have all of those. I also have some other track (just one I think) LPA didn't release as far as I know since a close friend of the band sent me a lot of random files and shit by them a few years ago.