LIVING THINGS Release Day Challenge

LPFreak64

Today, on Mike Shinoda's blog, he challenged all the Linkin Park fans to make June 26th (June 22nd outside the United States) a special day.

From MikeShinoda.Com:

"Our new album LIVING THINGS comes out in the US on June 26. It hits the shelves in a number of other countries on June 22. And it’s no secret that the album will likely leak a week or two prior. We want to issue a challenge to our fans: make the LIVING THINGS release date a special event for yourself.

When the album leaks, ignore it."

Go here to read the full, emotionally-fueled post: MikeShinoda.Com

Are you gonna wait? Are you gonna throw a LIVING THINGS Party?

Edited by LPFreak64

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean...I've already pre-ordered the album. If it leaks in good enough quality, I won't feel bad downloading it.

But it's funny Mike brought this up, because I actually had the exact same thought recently. When I first get the album, leak or pre-order version, I'm going to call up a couple friends and get us all together before I listen to it.

Why don't record companies 'leak' fake albums. With the album name, proper track listings but really off the wall songs, or extreamly bad quality songs. Then re-leak it 3 or for days later but add 'real' to the title. All they would have to do is have everyone who works for the label seed it and it it'd at least saturate the torrent and p2p market enough for a few days to throw off and real leaks for a while. As soon as a real leak is discovered, re leak the fake AGAIN and title it exactly like the real leak.

Just saying.

...Was that even related to this topic?

This is interesting, in any case. I had planned to listen to the album front to back the moment I got it, but instead I think I might set up a listening party over Skype or something where we all start the album around the same time and post our reactions as we go.

for me i always listen to the whole album in one run without interruption from the beginning to the end, but never with others around me. i dont know, i just feel more comfortable to listen to it alone only with my headphones on. other people just annoy me and i can't concentrate on the music.

Meh, I think I'm gonna do what I did with ATS

Get the leak when I find out about it.

Listen to it, change pants.

When I can get the hard copy, get it, listen to it, same reaction.

This time, however, I will be able to get Living Things as soon as it releases where ATS I had to wait a month until I could get transportation to Best Buy (collegeproblems)

I'm definitely waiting. I always wait for their music to be released. I love buying hard copies of artists I support these days and those guys are the top ones. Good thing they send you the mp3s at midnight cause I'd hate to wait for the CD to be delivered to my home

Why not? Mike admits that the album will be leaked. I just think its funny that record labels can't be intuitive to do anything about it.

There are ways of avoiding leaks. Look at what Jay-Z and Kanye did with Watch The Throne on iTunes. It's effective, but I can't see LP ever doing something completely on iTunes

I'm going to get drunk and get a big bag of cocaine for the release date, and drive around all day and scream at people out the window of my car while playing the entire album obnoxiously loud so anyone around me can hear it loud and clean. I'm sure VICTIMIZED will piss off a lot of people if I play it loud enough, and that's exactly what I'm aiming for. Me and my friend driving around and doing what I stated above. That's a party for the album release.

i just feel more comfortable to listen to it alone only with my headphones on. other people just annoy me and i can't concentrate on the music.

This.

None of my friends like Linkin Park so I'll be listening to it alone when it leaks.

And this.

I'll be listening to it alone too. And I'll TRY to ignore the leak this time.

TBH... i will buy the record; for sure. But I can't promise that I won't listen to the leak. I'll maybe invite some friends and we'll listening to the record on my cinema sound system... :) Will be legendary.

Sorry Mike, but the wait has been excruciating as it is... I'll be listening to the first good quality leak I can find, and be plugging it into my high power speakers!

But I have the album preordered from lp.com, so it's all good.

Edited by Faint!ntoPieces

Good thinking. I always buy the original, but I listen leaks. But not now. No LT. After Mike's speech. Thanks for the valuable thoughts, Mike.

In past, Mike wanted we listen MTM leak in the right order, right? :) Or ATS? Or both?

Edited by navabaca

Hell yes, of course I will wait.

I did the same when Burn it Down leaked (in awful quality), and will do the same on Living Things, no matter what quality the leak is.

What I might do, is listen to the leak after the official release if the leak has something special (like the bad quality of the Burn it Down leak :lol: )

Some rumors in Argentina said that the Album will be released on that country on June 19...

I have my serious doubts about it because just the Fan Site is saying that information. Not Warner Argentina, but who knows.

If this is real the album will leak on June 19 maybe before.