New preview(s) of The Catalyst!

linkinparkfan17

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its awful

Because you totally have the authority to classify Linkin Park as a "rock band," and what you think has more bearing than what they want to be. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until this album leaks, I hope to god a bunch of people like you slip up and ask for download links. This place could really use some weeding out.

I mean i get the whole banning thing for the links, but we cant be bashing everyones opinion in a FORUM.

its awful

The only awful part in my opinion is the melodic trance portion. The rest sounds like it will be very interesting and quite possibly amazing. All I can say is, this clip alone blows Minutes to Midnight out of the water...I really think I will like this album.

to be honest the whole electric part scares me a lil bit....not mr. Hahns scratching lol i love his scratching

just the weird synth pattern is....eh idk just don't really like it

but I'm not judging the whole song based on this snippet....what i reallllyyy would love and hope to hear in this song is after this clip the next lyrical part be from the parts released for the "featuring you" contest when mike comes in singing

"no oooo" and then the "symphonies of blinding light" part with chester

i really hope that's how the song ends up going cuz that would just be amaziing

Fuck guitars. You guys are nuts.

This thing is going to be completely insane, god knows what else is waiting for us in this track.

LP going more electronic is what we've known for quite some time, embrace it, I think LP are a better electronic/whatever band than they are a rock band.

Just embrace everything coming up because despite how good all their back catalouge is, they've always been a band with more potential than what they were doing.

Agreed with everything said.

The one thing I don't absolutely love is the electro drum beat. It's cool, it's different, but it just feels strange to me.

Other than that:

LP has officially smashed the shit out of that god awful 'nu-metal' classification. Just hearing thirty seconds of this makes me love the entire new sound. The HT/Meteora sound was great, but it didn't feel...original. This feels original.

Because it's only 34 seconds of the song.

lol nicely done sir.

and on the note of the snippet itself, I liked it. Certainly not my favorite LP song yet, but of course it is only a small piece of the puzzle. I must say though I do not like that they put so many effects on mike's singing voice. It's way too crambled and distorted.

Edited by Cbass

I was scare when I hear this "preview"...but reconsidered it with Chester vocal.....

NO guitar, that's fine with me.

Sound like dance music..maybe

And for those who said "F*ck you LP, this is not what we want to get". I'm quite sure you'll be the one you ask the leak links for the album to death.

This is where many LP fans and I differ, in the fact that I absolutely loved nu-metal. What's wrong with it? It was usually heavy as fuck. lol

I didn't really get into minutes to midnight that much but all of the other albums were fantastic and I think the clip so far sounds great. The track list sounds amazing as well.

Edited by Dragondust

I didn't really get into minutes to midnight that much but all of the other albums were fantastic and I think the clip so far sounds great. The track list sounds amazing as well.

Same here. Minutes to Midnight was a major disappointment for me but this new one sounds like it will blow me away.

honestly with previews / stems we've heard, i almost feel like they've all sounded like different songs. every time i hear a new kind of preview i'm blown away at how different it is from the last. combining all of this madness into one song is going to be so incredible. no wonder mike said it's going to be hard to classify the album as one genre.

so much love for mr. hahn. :D

Edited by dromani22

I love it. I don't want Hybrid Theory again. I don't want Meteora again. When MTM came out that's what I wanted. But once MTM grew on me and I saw the ideas these guys have when they think outside their "label", I wanted things to progress further. This is doing it in my opinion. Like the guys always used to say, they chose the name Linkin Park because it means nothing. It lets the music define the name. And I believe that is still true to this day.

The little synth breakdown before what sounds like it could be the chorus, reminds me a lot of songs used to shuffle.

I love how Mike and Chester mix their vox. It sounds quite odd and offbeat, which is exactly what I was looking for on this album.

I love how everyone is bashing this because it isn't what THEY expected.

Does anybody remember Chester saying that on this album, they made the songs to how THEY wanted and not THEIR FANS.

If you want to jump off the LP bandwagon because a 30-second snippet has disappointed you, then go for it.

I'm not shooting down anyones opinions, because anyone can not like this. I like the decision to go a little more trance-y and dance-like. It fits them.