2014.09.13 - Quincy, WA, Gorge Amphitheatre

RogueSoul

30-seconds-to-mars-carnivores-tour-linki

The Carnivores Tour is winding down, but is still going strong! Linkin Park, Thirty Seconds To Mars, and AFI will be taking stage at the Gorge Amphitheatre in Quincy, Washington on September 13, 2014. Linkin Park is no stranger to Quincy - they've played there once before, all the way back in 2001. That show was part of the Ozzfest, where they played alongside Black Sabbath, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, and Papa Roach. The band changed the setlist by dropping 'Forgotten' at this show to shorten their setlist to 9 songs. The band later added it back to the setlist on the tour, at the cost of 'By Myself'. Brief history for the band in Quincy, but that only means you get a break for today ;)

Yesterday, the band performed in Irvine, California. They performed standard Set B with a few changes: Mike rapped the hybrid verse of 'Remember The Name' by Fort Minor over his medley, and Rob changed up the intro to 'Bleed It Out' by playing his "gallops" over the extended intro. Set B, for those who don't know, differs from Set A by including 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You', 'Somewhere I Belong', 'With You', and a shortened 'Burn It Down'. The band has yet to implement any major changes into the set, doing somethings differently here and there. The band has rehearsed songs like 'No More Sorrow', 'When They Come For Me', and the rest of Hybrid Theory for the Carnivores Tour, but they didn't make the cut for the setlists. Check out other songs the band didn't play on tour, but rehearsed. Songs like 'A Place For My Head' and 'By Myself' are leading the poll for our 2014 Live Poll of songs the fans want to hear live on the tour, and they were also rehearsed. Hopefully the band will whip out a surprise on the end of the tour... the Hollywood Bowl show on Monday would be a good opportunity to try out a few things!

As many of you may know, yesterday was the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City. A small consequence of the attack was the cancellation of the band's first show of their headline European Tour in 2001 in Berlin. The day following (September 12, 2001), Chester talked about the terrible event onstage before 'Papercut'. We here at LPLive would like to express our condolences and to honor those who were lost and those who lost someone on that awful day, 13 years ago.

On a brighter note - AFI and Thirty Seconds To Mars are still playing great shows! AFI played their standard set, featuring 'The Leaving Song, Pt. II' as an opener, hits like '17 Crimes' and 'I Hope You Suffer' from their new album, Burials, some old favorites like 'The Day Of The Phoenix' and 'Sing Your Sorrow', and a massive closer of their hit, 'Miss Murder'. Thirty Seconds To Mars performed a great show, performing their regular setlist. Their show features an opening that old-school fans may remember: Carl Orff's 'Carmina Burana: O Fortuna' and their new single, 'Up In The Air'. The set also includes hits like 'Do Or Die' and 'City Of Angels', older favorites like 'Search and Destroy', and new songs like 'Conquistador' and 'End Of All Days'. Jared went deep into the crowd during 'Kings and Queens' to say hello, and giant balloons flew all over the venue during 'This Is War'! During his acoustic set, Jared took a few requests and performed the band's biggest hit to date, 'The Kill (Bury Me)'. The band closed their show by jamming to Pantera's 'Cowboys From Hell' as Jared invited fans up onstage for 'Closer To The Edge'.

Have you not had an opportunity to experience the Carnivores Tour first hand? Your time has come! Linkin Park and Thirty Seconds To Mars will be streaming their sets from the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California on September 15 via VyRT, Jared Leto's online ticketing company! Tickets go for as low as $15 for both sets, with a $40 Linkin Park VIP package available for those who want to tune in to a post-show broadcast. Thirty Seconds To Mars will be doing one as well for $50, and it's rumored that Chester will be joining them for a song or two after the show. There's also a possibility Brad may be joining Thirty Seconds To Mars onstage - he and Jared appeared on VyRT Violet together the other night. Surprises will happen at the show, during both Linkin Park's and MARS's sets - tune in to watch them live!

Who's heading to the show? Stop by the Music For Relief booth and donate to help put an end to the ebola outbreak taking place in Africa. Linkin Park will likely perform Set A to stay consistent with their set rotation on this tour. Quincy is the last non-Californian date on the tour. After this show, the band heads to Los Angeles for the Hollywood Bowl show and three more Californian shows to wrap up the tour. We'll keep you updated on the show both here and on our Twitter.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

Setlist

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same
03. Given Up
04. Points Of Authority
05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
06. Blackout (Shortened)
07. Papercut (Shortened)
08. Rebellion
09. Runaway (Shortened; Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
10. Wastelands
11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version)
12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent
13. Robot Boy (Shortened)
14. Joe Solo Medley
15. Burn It Down
16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Wall Of Noise Outro)
17. Final Masquerade
18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Remember The Name)
19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro)
20. In The End
21. Faint (Ext. Outro)
----------------------------------------------------
22. Lost In The Echo (Shortened)
23. New Divide (Shortened)
24. Crawling (Shortened; w/ Faster Tempo)
25. Until It's Gone (Shortened)
26. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
27. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain)

Lol, here we go praising the tour as "still going strong" when it never even became super saiyan xD

How many shows after this and the LA Show?? The band then gets a much needed awaited and deserved rest :D

5 shows left including this one;

tour end on 9/19

Edited by stich

I got an audio recording of this show and I'll post it after Carnivores. Super super busy this week so I don't have time to track it and upload, sorry. If [AndOne] has time to do it I'll get it to him so he can do that. It's another iPhone recording but this one isn't in a pocket and it actually sounds pretty good, especially for an iPhone recording. Seems like he had a good spot at the show.

I got an audio recording of this show and I'll post it after Carnivores. Super super busy this week so I don't have time to track it and upload, sorry. If [AndOne] has time to do it I'll get it to him so he can do that. It's another iPhone recording but this one isn't in a pocket and it actually sounds pretty good, especially for an iPhone recording. Seems like he had a good spot at the show.

In the end, does it even matter? :P

It was set A again, even for the next show.. So much for our hopes. We seriously need some good songs, maybe APFMH..

THEY SHOULD PLAY THAT FOR CLOSING THE LAST SHOW CUZ THAT'D BE DUCKING AWESOME.