Chester Performs 'The Messenger' @ X103.9

hahninator

On June 5th, Chester and Phoenix stopped by the studios of X103.9 to talk about Stone Temple Pilots, music and more. Chester also took the opportunity to perform 'The Messenger' for the station.

6/8 EDIT: Sorry for the delay, but the interview is now available in full to download. It includes an additional (partial) take of 'The Messenger' where Chester messed up the words. Thanks to Irene for recording this on her iPhone and for Skipees for successfully converting it for us. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great performance.

and great filming angle :P

110 User(s) are reading this topic (93 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

:o

i was wonder about it too in other thread, it's because Twitter and Facebook.

"115 User(s) are reading this topic (98 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)"

Wish I knew how to get more people to register :( lol

Make comments only visible for registered users. It sucks and I hate it when forums do this but it's the only way to get the guests to do it.

I guess a lot of them are already registered but not logged in and the rest just reads the forums and would never post anything anyway.

On June 5th, Chester and Phoenix stopped by the studios of X103.9 to talk about Stone Temple Pilots, music and more. Chester also took the opportunity to perform 'The Messenger' for the station.

We have a full rip of the interview coming soon so be sure to check back shortly.

Mark! I can't seem to convert the file from the tune in radio app! I converted into MP3 and now it's blank?

Anyone know how to convert these files otherwise?

It's just me or this sounds in a lower key than previous live versions?

Studio version is in the key of G, LP live version is in the key of E flat. Chester's done solo renditions in both the key of D and the key of C (this one's in C).

I don't want to FORCE people to register. Of course making comments only visible to members will do it but if that's the only way I don't think that's a good idea. I'm not about "member counts". If people want to participate, they can feel free to do so at any time. LPLive is just a database of information for fans and when people feel like contributing to the community, the website or the discussions on the forums that's even better :) It doesn't bother me really but it does strike me as odd when we'll have 100+ guests viewing a thread and like 3 members.

How the fuck did LP let that awful take of The Messenger make it onto the record when he can sing it like this?

I personally like the one on the album much better than this one.

Irene, send me the original file and I will see what we can do.

How the fuck did LP let that awful take of The Messenger make it onto the record when he can sing it like this?

TOTAL opposite opinion here. I don't think The Messenger has EVER sounded good in any key they've tried it in. Taking it down that low sucks all of the emotion out of it and turns it into a sleepy campfire singalong/lullaby-sounding snoozefest that sounds like it was written in 5 minutes.

TOTAL opposite opinion here. I don't think The Messenger has EVER sounded good in any key they've tried it in. Taking it down that low sucks all of the emotion out of it and turns it into a sleepy campfire singalong/lullaby-sounding snoozefest that sounds like it was written in 5 minutes.

Ahah, yeah, agreed with that.