Kings of Chaos - Boston Audio Download

hahninator

Kings of Chaos recently wrapped up their East Coast Tour of five shows in the northeastern USA. The third of the five shows was at Boston, MA's House of Blues and a recording has surfaced from the show!

Mediaaddict over on Guitars101.com has posted a fantastic lossless audio recording of the show for fans to download. Thanks to Farve4 for recording and to Bob for the mastering.

Download

Setlist

The recording is really great quality and has a special addition to the setlist - Whole Lotta Love was added to close the encore starting with this show.

Thanks to our member LPMaskMan for bringing this to our attention!

Unless Matt Sorum has some kind of stipulation in his deal with the band that he has to sing a song in the set, I can't for the life of me understand why he's singing Ace of Spades - the guy can't sing worth a crap. Chester's performed the song several times before and he's got the most Lemmy-like voice of anyone in the group, he'd sound a million times better. These guys sound so good on just about every other song in the set, and then they play Ace of Spades and it's suddenly amateur bar band territory for about 3 minutes.

Hell, I think I'd even do better singing it. /shameless plug

Unless Matt Sorum has some kind of stipulation in his deal with the band that he has to sing a song in the set, I can't for the life of me understand why he's singing Ace of Spades - the guy can't sing worth a crap. Chester's performed the song several times before and he's got the most Lemmy-like voice of anyone in the group, he'd sound a million times better. These guys sound so good on just about every other song in the set, and then they play Ace of Spades and it's suddenly amateur bar band territory for about 3 minutes.

Hell, I think I'd even do better singing it. /shameless plug

I've seen other performances from him and he sounds a lot better, very cool in my opinion.

Great quality, I like this way better than the sound the DSPs had. Also it's great to hear one of the KOC shows in this quality, you can finally hear how good Chester's vocals are, amazing. Good to hear him singing without the live pitch correct used at LP shows.

I think the new LP album is going to show a different side of Chester with LP. They have talked about trying new things with his voice during the making of this album and also I think the music will bring out that emotion within Chester that we love, too, since the songs are very personal, etc. Chester said that Talinda asked him if that was even him singing on one of the songs, so we know it will be a bit different. I love Chester's voice with these rock bands as much as the next guy, but that isn't to say that his vocals aren't any good in LP. I love his vocals on electronic heavy songs that the band has done as well as other styles. I think Chester's voice works well with a lot of different music unlike most people think here.

I think the new LP album is going to show a different side of Chester with LP. They have talked about trying new things with his voice during the making of this album and also I think the music will bring out that emotion within Chester that we love, too, since the songs are very personal, etc. Chester said that Talinda asked him if that was even him singing on one of the songs, so we know it will be a bit different. I love Chester's voice with these rock bands as much as the next guy, but that isn't to say that his vocals aren't any good in LP. I love his vocals on electronic heavy songs that the band has done as well as other styles. I think Chester's voice works well with a lot of different music unlike most people think here.

Agree 100% Geki, Chester is an extremely versatile vocalist... I think he can do a lot more than most people think.

Agree 100% Geki, Chester is an extremely versatile vocalist... I think he can do a lot more than most people think.

Yeah. I'm not saying that he isn't great doing rock songs like these ones, because he is, he is one of the best in the business for doing those style of songs, but that isn't to say that he can't sing well in other ways as well. Actually, some of my favorite singing of his are from songs by LP like Powerless, In My Remains, The Catalyst, Burning In The Skies, Valentine's Day, Leave Out All The Rest, Shadow Of The Day, In Pieces, The Little Things Give You Away, etc. He is really good with emotional, slow singing like he does on those songs. And he also can deliver screams like no other as we've all heard on songs like Keys To The Kingdom, Qwerty, Given Up, Don't Stay, One Step Closer, A Place For My Head, Faint, From The Inside, A Line In The Sand, Blackout, No More Sorrow and more. I think the reason he sounds so great on these rock covers are because he loves singing songs like these, he always has, he has been doing so since like 2006 with Camp Freddy and various other groups and shows since then.

As for the new album, like I said, we may hear a side of Chester that he have not heard as of yet. Some of the terms used so far for it are soulful, emotional, etc. I think the only time we have ever heard soulful singing from Chester was on a track like Slow Ya Roll by Young Buck, his singing is incredible at the end of that song and he has never really sang like that any other time that I know of. But anyways, I think we will be seeing huge, awesome vocals from Chester on this new LP album and hopefully he will continue to do Kings Of Chaos shows and stuff in the future as well.

Yeah. I'm not saying that he isn't great doing rock songs like these ones, because he is, he is one of the best in the business for doing those style of songs, but that isn't to say that he can't sing well in other ways as well. Actually, some of my favorite singing of his are from songs by LP like Powerless, In My Remains, The Catalyst, Burning In The Skies, Valentine's Day, Leave Out All The Rest, Shadow Of The Day, In Pieces, The Little Things Give You Away, etc. He is really good with emotional, slow singing like he does on those songs. And he also can deliver screams like no other as we've all heard on songs like Keys To The Kingdom, Qwerty, Given Up, Don't Stay, One Step Closer, A Place For My Head, Faint, From The Inside, A Line In The Sand, Blackout, No More Sorrow and more. I think the reason he sounds so great on these rock covers are because he loves singing songs like these, he always has, he has been doing so since like 2006 with Camp Freddy and various other groups and shows since then.

As for the new album, like I said, we may hear a side of Chester that he have not heard as of yet. Some of the terms used so far for it are soulful, emotional, etc. I think the only time we have ever heard soulful singing from Chester was on a track like Slow Ya Roll by Young Buck, his singing is incredible at the end of that song and he has never really sang like that any other time that I know of. But anyways, I think we will be seeing huge, awesome vocals from Chester on this new LP album and hopefully he will continue to do Kings Of Chaos shows and stuff in the future as well.

The softer songs are some of my favorites too. and I'm happy to see him enjoy these shows. And I'd love to hear what this new album will sound like. The band seems really committed to making it their best. And I've seen a lot of people that say Chester can't sing like he used to. Well I think they are tone deaf. Chester is amazing, sure he sings better some days than others but I can't recall one show where he sounded awful, He's had off days. But don't we all? I'd like to see the people who say that go up on stage and try to do what he does because I'm 99.9% sure they can't!

The softer songs are some of my favorites too. and I'm happy to see him enjoy these shows. And I'd love to hear what this new album will sound like. The band seems really committed to making it their best. And I've seen a lot of people that say Chester can't sing like he used to. Well I think they are tone deaf. Chester is amazing, sure he sings better some days than others but I can't recall one show where he sounded awful, He's had off days. But don't we all? I'd like to see the people who say that go up on stage and try to do what he does because I'm 99.9% sure they can't!

Sure he will have bad performances with LP sometimes. It's natural. I can think of a LOT of vocalists in bands that feature screaming and aggressive singing like LP and they are always horrible live. Chester isn't always horrible and he is one of the best, too. I think people just like to criticize his vocals sometimes, but this recoding of Kings Of Chaos proves that he can still bring it as one of the best in the world. And when he is on with LP, he is on, and it sounds great. Anyways, I think the new album will really gain some respect for Chester's vocals amongst the hardcore fans, etc.

Two very easy solutions to help preserve Chester's voice as long as possible:

1. Give him a day off between every show. That's nothing to be ashamed of. The five members that are not Mike seem to have collectively decided to only play 3-4 LP shows per week. They want as much down time as possible. Well just go ahead and combine that with helping Chester out and letting him rest his voice on tour with a day off between every show. It's hard to compare this situation to Metallica, but they really help James by not doing back-to-back shows...always 1, usually 2 days off between their shows.

2. Drop the heaviest songs from the sets OR rotate them in/out or between multiple setlists. Don't force the man to sing Given Up every night. Split it all up. We'd love them to have more variety in the shows, so bring in some songs that are easier on his voice and that we'd love to see. Win/win for both. If they don't want to perform OSC every single show, don't do it.

We all want to see him have a great voice for years down the road. No one is going to be offended, mad, upset, or anything by giving him a night off after each show. We all want to see LP go as long as possible and in the best shape possible. It's obvious now if you see multiple nights in a row, he usually isn't 100% vocally the second night. That's just age, it happens, it's nothing on Chester himself. Help him out and extend the lifespan of his voice.

Aaaand then we can get some Fort Minor shows in between :)