2014.11.14 - Wien, Austria

hahninator

thptour_europe.jpg

Linkin Park takes The Hunting Party's European Tour to Wien, Austria on November 14th, where the band will play Halle D of Wiener Stadthalle, the largest indoor arena in Austria. This show comes as the third show in three days, after performances in Leipzig on the 12th and München on the 13th.

The band is no stranger to Austria, but it has been quite a long time since they have performed in Wien. They opened for the Deftones there in March 2001 in their first show in the country and returned in September 2001 to headline the same venue, the Libro Music Hall. That's the last show in Wien for Linkin Park until now, meaning this is their third show in the city. However, they have performed across the country in other cities since then....

In 2004, Linkin Park was set to headline Aerodrome 04 in Wiener Neustadt, which is less than an hour south in a car and a little shorter by train from Wien. The show was announced by the festival but never announced by the band, and the festival later said it was later "canceled" for an unknown reason. The lineup for that festival was pretty wild - Metallica, Korn, Linkin Park, and Slipknot in that order on the main stage! Korn would have been after Linkin Park on the bill even though they were opening Projekt Revolution just over a month later.

LP is no stranger to Nickelsdorf, headlining NovaRock in 2007, 2011 and 2012. In 2007, they had to literally piece gear together from across the festival (via other bands, etc) to play the show due to the storm in Venezia damaging some of their equipment the day before. The 2011 show was pretty standard, but featured a rare Waiting For The End without Jornada Del Muerto before it (the second time that happened on the A Thousand Suns touring cycle). And in 2012, a crazy storm forced the festival to evacuate before Linkin Park's set...but they did get to play and they performed a shortened, 65 minute show.

The city of Graz had two headlining shows in 2008 and 2009 in their intimate Stadthalle, which only holds 5,000 people. The 2008 show there was the first time that There They Go was ever rapped over the outro of Points Of Authority, which instantly became a fan favorite....you likely know it from the Road To Revolution DVD filmed later that tour in Milton Keynes, England.

Finally, Linz, Austria held an arena show on the A Thousand Suns World Tour in October 2010. This will be the band's 9th show in Austria since 2001.

At the last show in München, Set B made an appearance so Set A is likely coming for Wien. We have an update from two shows ago in Leipzig - Mike and Chester sang part of Waiting Room by Fugazi over the bridge of Bleed It Out. The song was actually on a recommended playlist (on Mike's blog) in summer 2007 of rock songs that he grew up liking and was also on the preshow mix for Projekt Revolution 2007. Here's a video!

After this show, the band heads to France for the first time since 2011 to perform in Paris, then back to Germany for the last three of nine shows. The show in Berlin on November 19th will be recorded for a Live DVD, and will also be broadcasted via satellite to Samsung UHD televisions. More information on that broadcast can be found in this thread.

For the rest of the 2014 tour dates, click here.

Here's my video of In The End. Damn crazy people SHOUTED the lyrics behind me, so it can be heard in both recording. But worth to watch for awesome close-ups. I hope someone at least recorded that in audio too. :D

Source info: Panasonic HDC-SD40 camcorder, location: block 75, taper: me (my nickname), duration: 100 mins, extension: mts, resolution: 1920x1080 interlaced, size: 11,6 GB.

audio and other video source info soon.

Edited by LPMaskMan

Hey guys, where is setlist from that concert ? :-)

Set A. It's on the show page (which is down for a few hours, but will be back soon) :) Paris will be Set B.

Added the sources to the show page! ITE video looks amazing. Let me know when you have more info and I'll get it added for you.