Download: 15.09.2001 Manchester, UK [FLAC]

hahninator

Following a few cancellations to start the tour, Linkin Park's 2001 European Headline Tour hit Manchester, UK for their second show (coming after Berlin). This was the day before they took the stage at the Docklands Arena in London, headlining their biggest-ever show at the time. Felipe, a long time contributor to the community, has received an upgrade for the Manchester audio and has uploaded the lossless (previously uncirculated) to DIME. This is a welcome upgrade of a great show from the time period!

Linkin Park had already performed at this venue twice in 2001 with the Deftones in March. The second show of that tour had a pretty different setlist at the time (opening with 'A Place For My Head' and featuring 'High Voltage') and was the only venue to ever have the band play there THREE times in 2001.

SETLIST:

01. With You

02. Runaway

03. Papercut

04. By Myself

05. Points Of Authority

06. High Voltage

07. Pushing Me Away

08. And One

09. In The End

10. A Place For My Head

11. Forgotten

12. Crawling

----------------------------------------------------

13. My December

14. Step Up

15. One Step Closer

Looking into this show.... the band at the time was testing out several different setlist variations and was likely trying to figure out what version of the set to use for their Docklands show, which was filmed for a DVD (no word on why that never was officially released). After this show, the band dropped 'By Myself' to the encore, put in 'Forgotten' mid-set and completely got rid of 'Step Up'. 'Step Up' returned AFTER Docklands, meaning it probably was excluded just from the DVD show (similar to the band dropping 'Reading My Eyes' from the Milton Keynes 2008 show for Road To Revolution). 'Step Up' received its live debut two shows prior in Berlin (first show of the tour). The BBC Maida Vale show in London didn't feature it (due to a shortened setlist) so this Manchester show is only the second time it was ever played! It was also a good time to "warm up" 'My December', which hadn't been played in nine months (KROQ AAC 2000), so this is the first performance of the song since then!

Some highlights besides what was mentioned above: Mike stops 'A Place For My Head' after the intro to give a speech about the rowdy crowd, they talk a lot between the songs including about 'And One', etc. The band also mentions the Deftones shows from the venue earlier in the year.

FLAC Audio (DIME) | DOWNLOAD

Show page

Thanks to Felipe for the upgrade! Enjoy!

FYI the cracking/static during 'And One' and after it is a venue PA/band technical problem. It's not from the gear the taper used. ITE starts off a little quieter but the volume of the show goes back up mid-song.

This is a top 3 show from 2001 for me. Band sounds really great.

It doesn't works, it's not my connection i'm downloading other stuff right now..

I hope that someday you can forget about Dime. (waits for a direct link)

It can also be the other way around that the other person (or the seeder) is not connectable, it doesn't matter in big torrents with a lot of peers but causes problems when there are only a few peers. I don't know the exact reason why it ends up working when more people join in but that's just my experience.

When I look at the peers list on Dime I see 8 out of 17 peers that don't use port-forwarding. Even worse on lp-bits, 4 out 6 and you are surprised that it's not working.

It can also be the other way around that the other person (or the seeder) is not connectable, it doesn't matter in big torrents with a lot of peers but causes problems when there are only a few peers. I don't know the exact reason why it ends up working when more people join in but that's just my experience.

Yea, And One, this isn't related, but I didn't find anything that was useful, and i tried that 1000 MB cache thing, but the thing says Disk overloaded 100%