Linkin Park Recharge Closed Beta Testing Begins

Numbrocker

Linkin Park's new facebook game, Recharge, has been sending emails to those who signed up for the closed beta testing.

Posted Image

The tagline for the game is "Humanity is at a turning point. Defeat the Hybrid Domination. Restore the Planet's resources."

Your character is part of the resistance against the "Hybrids" taking over the world. A very basic Beta is available at the moment.

Anyone else get a code or interested in the game?

At the time I played, it was really laggy, took forever to load, and seemed really unfinished. You could change your character gender by just right clicking the game. I don't really remember any music, but I remember the dialog text noise, I think. I might take another look now that it's out for more people now

it will be available in other forms (app/etc..)?

As of right now I haven't heard of it being anywhere but on facebook. LP is app friendly so they might. They're still only in Beta test for the game.

It's a bit strange to see the Mike character frowning so much since he's such a happy person, lol.

At the time I played, it was really laggy, took forever to load, and seemed really unfinished. You could change your character gender by just right clicking the game. I don't really remember any music, but I remember the dialog text noise, I think. I might take another look now that it's out for more people now

Well the only music so far was in the intro part before you hit play, but yeah no music during the actual game yet.

Ever since the fan survey, I have been wondering how long until we hear more information on Linkin Park: Recharge. I wish I could get a Beta code because I am really interested in this. It looks really good.

In regards to whether it will be available on any other platform other than Facebook, I don't believe that it will. The whole idea was to interact socially via Facebook to raise awareness about current issues in the world and Music For Relief.

This sounds really ambient. I can't wait to hear more.

I don't think there's anything in there that really indicates that it's NOT LP music...the first track in particular is very reminiscent of some of the guitar stuff they were doing during the MTM period (Valentine's Day, Blackbirds).

Also, the game sound effects in the background are kind of distracting but they aren't TOO bad.

Edited by Astat

a couple of things like odd spelling and grammar in places. I've got trapped on two separate levels because presumably the triggers to the next part didn't activate, had to restart, plus I changed the graphics level and lost the ability to select my the "power" i was using which was odd...

and i don't get how the fuck you're meant to save humans, but still, neat game, I do like it - nice graphics, I like the music and it has kept me playing for a while now - it has the same short, sappy level progression as Angry Birds (which I am a total sucker for...). needs a few fixes, but that's what beta's for :)

by the way, for all those who are hoping for an app, i highly doubt we'll see that.

those blue energy tokens you exchange to play levels/revive at your current point etc. are given to you in a finite quantity, my guess is that these will be the "currency" for the game, and its likely that you will have to pay for them if you run out. tons of facebook games do this, and it makes sense - hook your users on the game, then ask them to give you money to carry on playing. I hate, hate, hate the way FB games do this, but this will be what ties the game to the platform.

I would really like to see an app for this too, but I'm not going to hod my breath for them to adjust the way they shake the money out of you :lol: