Team Sleep's 'My December' Remix

hahninator

Easily being one of the most sought after unreleased songs in the Linkin Park community, it appears that the Team Sleep remix of 'My December' will likely never see the light of day. In 2001, Chino Moreno's (the lead singer of Deftones) side project Team Sleep were given 'My December' to remix by Linkin Park for possible inclusion on Reanimation. Not officially releasing any music until years after Reanimation came out, this remix is likely one of the first pieces of music that Team Sleep ever worked on.

The remix by Mickey P. (featuring Kelli Ali), heard above, made the album in place of the Team Sleep remix of 'My December'. However, this is arguably one of the best remixes ever done of a Linkin Park song.

Several artists that worked on the album reportedly remixed a few songs, including The Crystal Method and Ryu from Styles Of Beyond working on a remix together. The MTV.com articles (here, here and here) are good indications of what artists worked on remixes for the album that never ended up being on the final product, such as Tricky, Prince Paul and DJ Z-Trip. At this point, the only two remixes that didn't make the cut that HAVE been released are the Crystal Method 'Points Of Authority' remix (found on LPU 2.0) and the Marilyn Manson 'By Myself' remix (found as a bonus track on Reanimation in several places such as iTunes and in Japan).

The Team Sleep remix of 'My December' was rumored to have been "too dark" to make the album. DJ Shadow is also rumored to be featured on the song with his scratching. This is one song that has come up in many discussions over the years in the LP community (shoutout to Simon from LPFuse, a former LPU moderator who used to always ask about it at the beginning of every LPU chat from 2004-2007~), especially when it comes to "What would you like to see on the next LPU CD?", roughly coming in second behind the famous demo 'Pictureboard'.

Our good friend Fabio asked DJ CrookOne of Team Sleep on September 6th about the song:

Fabio: "Hi! I was wondering if there's any chance to hear the old 2002 My December remix by Team Sleep"

CrookOne: "Hello! @nmlssit, probably never..sorry!"

The legend of the song continues as it appears that it will never see the light of day, unless somehow it comes out on an LPU CD. For discussion on more "Lost Songs" by Linkin Park, view our forum thread here.

Title got my hopes up, but it was a good read

I knew it'd do that :( Sorry. If we ever get it I promise we'll release it here ASAP. Stuff like this has happened before so we can at least ask around about it. For example I randomly was sent the full 'State Of The Art' by DJ Lethal in a PM. It was the same file he uploaded to his MySpace account for a little bit but then took it down, so apparently no one had it.

Hopefully we get it someday. I think Pictureboard will be released in the next 3 years though.

Well sometimes movies/songs never get a release because they are so so so BAD that the creators are ashamed of the final product, like the movie 'The Day The Clown Cried'.

Well, i think just by the fact we know about its existence, means the product was already finished but last minute discarded.

Here it comes the reason "too dark for the album" and not some others, for a better Reanimation sound as meant by the band it didn't get into the album :)

Anyway, i also asked CrookOne to at least share a story behind the track, but he didn't reply (yet?)

This is a good chance for the man out there lurking hard to add something different in the next LPU CD ;)

PS: Thanks for the shoutout!

Well, i think just by the fact we know about its existence, means the product was already finished but last minute discarded.

Here it comes the reason "too dark for the album" and not some others, for a better Reanimation sound as meant by the band it didn't get into the album :)

Anyway, i also asked CrookOne to at least share a story behind the track, but he didn't reply (yet?)

This is a good chance for the man out there lurking hard to add something different in the next LPU CD ;)

PS: Thanks for the shoutout!

When things are great they always find a way

Look at Death Grips they thought that they did a fucking great album, the label didn't wanted to release it soon, so they leak it.

That remix must be pretty shitty, i would take any other unreleased song over Team's Sleep remix for some reason that group disbanded. the hype for this remix is pretty stupid.

When things are great they always find a way

Since it's a remix, it has obviously copyrighted campionated samples, and not every band, our beloved Linkin Park included, they think\act like the band you cited :lol:

That remix must be pretty shitty.

the hype for this remix is pretty stupid.

Following this argument, for you every unreleased\demo stuff is crap?

I declare that Pictureboard is shitty, i don't have to hear it for judge, i know because it was never released Posted Image

If the old LPU CDs content pattern was like today, we already had those remixes in LPU2/3.

There are a lot of unreleased songs, and just think about how many we don't even know yet...

For discussion on more "Lost Songs" by Linkin Park, view our forum thread here.

I sent this list to Lorenzo awhile ago, so at least there's a chance that the band already knows about it. Maybe they even forget that some of them exist, and now that they know they will release them if these are good enough.

I always thought that MY>DSMBR was a shitty remix because it's just a beat swap, with someone doubling Chester's vocals at the end. It's good as a song, horrible as a remix, especially on Reanimation where very few of the other songs are this lazy.

That's why I've always wanted to hear the Team Sleep remix - surely that one's much, much different.

Do we have a list of all the Reanimation guests anywhere and where they are from? For example I have no idea who Mickey P is, lol

- Note: Some of the groups aren't active anymore.

Pts.Of.Athrty

- Jay Gordon (Orgy singer)

Enth E Nd

- KutMasta Kurt (Masters Of Illusion turntablist/producer)

- Motion Man (Masters Of Illusion rapper)

Frgt/10

- The Alchemist (The Whooliganz record producer, DJ and rapper)

- Chali 2na (Unity Committee/Jurassic 5/Ozomatli rapper)

P5hng Me A*wy

- Stephen Richards (Taproot singer)

Plc.4 Mie Hæd

- Amp Live (Zion I producer)

- Zion [aka Baba Zumbi] (Zion I rapper)

X-Ecutioner Style

- Black Thought (The Roots rapper)

H! Vltg3

- DJ Babu (Dilated Peoples/Beat Junkies DJ)

- Evidence (Dilated Peoples rapper)

- Pharoahe Monch (Organized Konfusion rapper)

Wth>You

- Aceyalone (Freestyle Fellowship/Haiku D'Etat rapper)

Ppr:Kut

- DJ Cheapshot (Styles Of Beyond/Get Busy Committee DJ)

- Jubacca [aka Vin Skully] (Styles Of Beyond producer)

- Rasco (Cali Agents rapper)

- Planet Asia (Cali Agents rapper)

Rnw@y

- Backyard Bangers [aka E Moss & The Troublemaker] (DJs/producers)

- Phoenix Orion (The Beyonders/Cloak N Dagga/Alien Nation/Zulu Nation rapper)

My

- Mickey P. [Mickey Petralia] (Producer, Engineer, Mixer and Programmer)

- Kelli Ali (Sneaker Pimps singer)

By_Myslf

- Josh Abraham (Record producer, songwriter, and music executive)

1Stp Klosr

- Humble Brothers (Canadian electronic music duo)

- Jonathan Davis (KoЯn singer)

Krwlng

- Aaron Lewis (Staind singer)

---

Buy Myself

- Marilyn Manson (Marilyn Manson singer)

Pts.Of.Athrty

- The Crystal Method (Electronic music duo)

I always thought that MY>DSMBR was a shitty remix because it's just a beat swap, with someone doubling Chester's vocals at the end. It's good as a song, horrible as a remix, especially on Reanimation where very few of the other songs are this lazy.

That's why I've always wanted to hear the Team Sleep remix - surely that one's much, much different.

I'm kinda opposite of you on this. I think MY>DSMBR is golden and don't have much faith in the Team Sleep remix because I thought that their album was shit.

Surely, someone could make a ''dark'' sounding remix for My December. I know there are some great people on this site that are good at making remixes. Since we probably will never see the Team Sleep remix, I could settle for that.